Indoor and Drive-In Worship Services (Tune to FM 88.3)
Wednesday at 6:15 p.m.
Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
Sunday at 8:00 and 10:30 a.m.
Indoor and Drive-In Worship Procedures
We are thankful to be able to worship indoors again!
But we also want to take precautions in order to prevent the spread of the Covid virus.
At least for the month of June we will follow these guidelines:
1. We will continue to transmit the service on 88.3 FM. You should be able to tune into the service from either parking lot. The pastors will come out to the upper parking lot after the services if you wish to talk to them. The offering boxes will be available in the upper parking lot. We will also continue to offer the Tuesday communion services for ten people.
2. We urge all members with a weakened immune system (or who live with such a person) to worship in their car or using 88.3 FM or the live stream or video at home. We will have live stream video for each service as well as the Vimeo video (ready at 8:00 a.m. on Sundays).
3. We will limit the number of worshipers for the indoor services to 100-133 (25 to 33% capacity). After that worshipers can go to the lower level and watch the live stream of the service.
4. We will use every other pew and ask families to maintain six feet separation from other worshipers.
5. We encourage but do not require worshipers to wear masks.
6. We will keep the worship services to 45 minutes.
7. We will celebrate communion using the continuous “convention style” distribution. Communicants will be ushered forward, and the pastors will distribute communion similar to the way we do the imposition of ashes on Ash Wednesday.
8. Worshipers will leave the building immediately after receiving communion. We ask that they do not congregate in the narthex. If they wish to visit with other members outside, we urge them to maintain six feet of separation.
9. We encourage everyone to sanitize their hands and to avoid touching their faces while in the church building. We will sanitize the surfaces between services. The bulletins will be thrown away after each service.
10. After the month of June, we will evaluate these procedures to consider further changes.
June 21, 2020
Sunday, June 7, 2020
Sunday, May 31, 2020 Pentecost
Please stay tuned for announcements this week regarding our return to indoor services on June 7th.
Sunday, May 24, 2020 The Seventh Sunday of Easter
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 Ascension Eve
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Sunday, May 10, 2020
Midweek Service, May 6, 2020
Sunday Service, May 3, 2020
Live Stream on the Good Shepherd Collinsville Facebook Group Page at the Saturday service.
Saturday Service, May 2, 2020
Midweek Service, April 29, 2020
Sunday Service, April 26, 2020
Because of the rain Saturday evening we were not able to get a good video of the service.
We will live stream the 8:00 a.m. service and have the regular video ready by Sunday afternoon.
This Sunday Pastor Walther will focus on Peter's words: "...since you have been born again..." Everyone appreciates the chance for a "do over." Do we get a "do over" from God for our life?
Drive-In Service Notes
* In order to respect social distancing rules, we won't be handing out bulletins. You can download the bulletin (when available) from the website or app. You can also get a paper bulletin from the church entryway.
* We do not celebrate Holy Communion at these services.
* We will have stands for our offering boxes.
* We encourage everyone to keep their windows rolled up. Start your engine for heat or air conditioning and to help keep your battery charged.
Christ Died for Our Sins, Not Because His "Political Movement" Failed"
Midweek Service, April 18, 2020
Easter Worship 2020
Good Friday Drive-In Services
April 10th at 5:15 and 6:15 p.m.
Maundy Thursday Drive-In Services
April 9th at 5:15 and 6:15 p.m.
Our apologies - no video for this service.
We had a lot of trouble with the wind!
You Can Donate Through Our App or Through Our Website.
Drive-In Worship Notes
You do not have to leave your car to worship!