Home Bible Studies 2010-2011
Every year Good Shepherd sponsors home Bible studies for members and nonmembers. Each group studies the same topic that the leaders study together with Pastor Walther. The groups range from 10-15 in size and typically meet in the homes of members.
What should I expect if I were to attend?
- Some really nice people of all ages who are interested in learning God's word and want to help each other learn.
- Good instructions and discussion... But no one is obligated to read or respond to questions. You're more than welcome to just come and listen.
- Each study lasts for an hour usually followed by some coffee and cookies.
- What if I can't make all the studies? No problem. Come to any or all.
- Can I invite a friend? Certainly. We want these studies to be an easy way for folks who know little or nothing about the Christian faith to begin learning.
We are currently using a series of studies based on the book by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek:
"I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist"
This is an interesting book that explore many of the questions that atheists should think about before they reject the truths of Christianity altogether.
If you are interested in joining a group, please call or leave a message at the Church Office at 618-344-3151.
1st Sunday of the Month at 6:00 p.m.
2nd Sunday of the Month at 7:00 p.m.
1st Monday of the Month at 1:00 p.m.
3rd Thursday of the Month at 7:00 p.m.
2nd Friday of the Month at 10:00 a.m.
2nd Friday of the Month at 7:30 p.m.
Current Handouts with Notes
November 2010 The Question of Truth
December 2010 Cause and Design
January 2011 The Origin of Life
February 2011 The Question of Right and Wrong
March 2011 What About Miracles?
April 2011 How Reliable is the New Testament?
May 2011 The Resurrection